Tel: 01246 415787 or 01246 418979
- We are proud to tell you we have been presented with the prestigious British Dental Association’s (BDA) “Good Practice” award for a sixth year in a row. This is only given following a rigorous investigation by the awards board into the Dental Practice’s systems and standards. It has taken a lot of hard work by all our staff to qualify and I would like to take this opportunity to publicly thank them for all their efforts. What this means for you as a patient is a reassurance that you can expect excellent standards of care, service and cleanliness from us.
- At the end of November 16 Denplan purchased a 50% share in "The Dental Practice" so becoming an equal share partner with Colin. We have formed a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP). The intention is that the Practice will continue with "business as usual". Denplan are there to support us with their experience and bulk buying powers to carry the Practice up to a new level of excellence. Denplan aim to buy into around 200 practices I am proud to tell you that our practice is the (joint) first practice that they chose to invest in.
- As his Father, I am extremely proud to be able to tell you that our son Gareth is now well integrated as the "other" Dentist at the practice. He is the young talent and is the future and continuity for the practice. Colin is not going anywhere soon BUT can't go on for ever so Gareth will be there for you as time goes by.
- A method of straightening teeth has become available at our practice called Smilelign. It is carried out using thin plastic gum shields called clear aligners. These are truly INVISIBLE braces. They gently and progressively move your teeth into a straighter position, they fit with lifestyle very well. I am very impressed with them. Colin's wife and daughter have both had their teeth aligned with Smilelign and will vouch for the ease at which they have got on with them. many other cases have now been undertaken successfully.
- You may remember having a scan X-ray taken down the corridor when you were a new patient to the practice. This has remained in your notes for reference back to when your Dentist has needed to look. We have replaced the machine with a state of the art Digital machine which produces phenomenal images at very low X-ray dose. As a one off, we may take one of these scanning images of you the next time you are due to have routine radiographs (instead of the routine ones) so that we will be able to check more than just the back teeth where the fillings are. The image will show the whole of your jaws and joints and all of the teeth including their roots and bone support. You will be astonished at the detail you can see when we explain the image to you.
- All Dental Practices in the country, as well as hospitals, care homes and soon GP practices are now to be rigorously inspected by the governments CQC (Care Quality Commission). We were notified August 15 that we would be receiving a visit from the CQC at the beginning of September. The process is even more detailed and onerous than previously and we had 3 inspectors at the practice from 9.30 'til 4.30! So you can imagine no stone was left unturned. I am pleased to tell you it went very well, the inspectors looked into lots of aspects of our care and talked to several patients. Everything was in order and the inspector was very complimentary about the practice. You may look up the full report on the CQC web site at www.cqc.org.uk
- We have had computers in the practice for a number of years, for digital imaging, x-rays, clinical photos etc. Five years ago we went live with a comprehensive computer system that saw the whole practice become digitised! On reception you will notice Sue at her Apple organising the appointment book on screen. In the surgeries all our records are typed into your file and your dental charting is done electronically. Recalls and reminders of appointments are now done by email, text or letter depending on your preference. The system was tough on all of us to learn after all the years of using the old methods - but we got there so well done to all the staff. I hope you, the patients, enjoy the benefits of it all.
- New technologies have been introduced in the past few years or so that allow us to provide Implant restorations. Also new exciting ways to straighten adults' front teeth quickly, using the Inman aligner and Smilelign Clear Aligners. About 50 cases have now been completed. The Somnowell appliance to eliminate snoring is gathering momentum. About Forty-five cases have been carried out. So lots of impressive new clinical innovations.