Tel: 01246 415787 or 01246 418979
- We are proud to tell you we have been presented with the prestigious British Dental Association’s (BDA) “Good Practice” award for an eighth year in a row. This is only given following a rigorous investigation by the awards board into the Dental Practice’s systems and standards. It has taken a lot of hard work by all our staff to qualify and I would like to take this opportunity to publicly thank them for all their efforts. What this means for you as a patient is a reassurance that you can expect excellent standards of care, service and cleanliness from us.
- All Dental Practices in the country, as well as hospitals, care homes and soon GP practices are now to be rigorously inspected by the governments CQC (Care Quality Commission). We were notified August 15 that we would be receiving a visit from the CQC at the beginning of September. The process is even more detailed and onerous than previously and we had 3 inspectors at the practice from 9.30 'til 4.30! So you can imagine no stone was left unturned. I am pleased to tell you it went very well, the inspectors looked into lots of aspects of our care and talked to several patients. Everything was in order and the inspector was very complimentary about the practice. You may look up the full report on the CQC web site at www.cqc.org.uk
- New technologies have been introduced in the past few years or so that allow us to provide Implant restorations. Also new exciting ways to straighten adults' front teeth quickly, using the Inman aligner and Smilelign Clear Aligners. About 50 cases have now been completed. The Somnowell appliance to eliminate snoring is gathering momentum. About Forty-five cases have been carried out. Also, we are pleased to announce that we can now offer another method of teeth straightening, Quick Straight teeth, this can take method can take as little as 6 months to complete (dependant on individual case). So lots of impressive new clinical innovations.
- On 31st March 2018 Colin retired from dentistry, however we are delighted that his son Gareth has taken over as principal dentist at the practice. In the future we are hoping to introduce a new associate to the practice and to you. We will keep you informed of any changes on the news page.
- Congratulations to Sue our receptionist, on 40 years service. We hope she will be here for many years to come.