- Teeth grinding causes headaches and jaw pain.
- Untreated gum disease can cause pain to spread to the jaw.
- An abscess resulting from a cavity in your teeth can cause infection to spread to bone tissue.
- Misalignment of the jaw can cause chronic jaw pain.
- Tooth grinding can also cause a painful jaw.
Regular check-ups by your dentist ensures that dental issues are treated before they cause further problems.
"The first step should be to see a dentist to find out if the pain is being triggered by an offset jaw..."